Employment at Heartland CARES means that you are part of a dedicated team that consistently strives for excellence in delivering health care services and social service support to individuals and families impacted by HIV/AIDS.
Heartland CARES, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Heartland CARES will post job listings on this page as they become available.
Position: Clinical Records/Data Clerk
Department: Medical Department
Reports To: Clinic Manager
The Clinical Records/Data Clerk provides critical support to HCI’s Clinic Team and Providers. The Clinical Records/Data Clerk obtains medical records as needed for client care and manages the flow of clients during medical visits.
• Assists with scheduling appointments as needed
• Obtains medical records for active and incoming new clients
• Complete initial patient intake and schedule new patient appointments
• Completes “To Do Tasks” sent from Clinical Team after charts are reviewed
• Sends missed appointment letters to the clients as needed
• Checks incoming medical faxes consistently throughout the day and handle appropriately
• Scans documentation for inclusion in clients’ medical charts
• Attends all primary care meetings and take minutes if requested
• Attends other meetings as directed by the Clinic Manager
• Trains and certifies to perform rapid-rapid HIV testing
• Attends one of the two satellite clinics held twice a month
• Acts as backup for Receptionist and Clinic Support Coordinator
• Checks voicemails regularly throughout the day
• Faxes lab results for clients upon request from the Case Managers at Jackson County Health Department
• Performs chart review at least one to two weeks in advance prior to client appointments
• Calls to confirm appointments
• Provides efficient and professional telephone services and transfer calls according to established protocols
• Serves as a backup for rescheduling client appointments due to a change in physician/provider schedule and alerts other applicable departments
• Performs data entry including results for labs, colonoscopies, mammograms, etc.
• Assists with checking out clients-ensuring follow-up appointment(s) and lab orders are sent to the appropriate institution and/or person
• Forwards appropriate medical records upon request from outside sources in accordance with policy.
• Complies with all rules, regulations, and procedures of the organization
• Obtains and reviews records from portals
• Prints client encounters and attached lab results
• Updates pertinent client information and forward to receptionist
• Checks schedules and lists major priorities for the current day
• Submits approved purchases orders
• Maintains office supply inventory
• Performs all other duties assigned
• High school diploma or GED
• Medical office experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Respects and maintains privacy and dignity of clients; assure client confidentiality at all times
• Warm, outgoing personality
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively in a supportive manner with persons of all social and economic backgrounds
• Excellent telephone skills and etiquette
• Must be a self-starter
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Ability to enter data accurately and efficiently
• Ability to maintain HIPAA compliance at all times
• Working knowledge – Microsoft Office products
• Ability/desire to learn other systems utilized by HCI such as electronic medical records, etc.
• Ability to function as part of a team
• Ability to sit for extended periods of times
• Ability lift files, documents, testing supplies, etc., up to 25 pounds
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until close of business on Tuesday, July 17, 2018.