Heartland CARES, Inc. is a non-profit organization providing comprehensive, client-centered, quality health care, support services, prevention education, and HIV testing. Quality health care is provided to persons living with HIV/AIDS, support services are provided to clients and their families, and prevention education and testing are provided to clients, their families, and the community at large. Within the community, we strive to prevent new infections and reduce the stigma associated with this disease by promoting awareness, acceptance, and equality.
Heartland CARES, Inc. began in 1996 as a client-managed consortium dedicated to developing a regional system of HIV services, and clients still play an integral role in the organization. Services at Heartland CARES, Inc. are provided to all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or ability to pay.
Heartland CARES, Inc. values quality, holistic care and community awareness; leadership with integrity; client, stakeholder, and community collaboration; efficient provisions of services; respect; diversity.
Heartland CARES, Inc. will be the recognized leader in delivering efficient and effective HIV/AIDS care through diverse and integrated programs for the communities in the Heartland of America.
Heartland CARES, Inc. embraces those affected by HIV/AIDS with open arms through care, prevention, and community awareness.
Board of Directors
- Peggy Pittman-Munke, Ph.D., Chair
- David Jones, Vice Chair
- Michael Murphy, Treasurer
- Frances Johnson, Secretary
- Mitch Clark
- Susan Graves
- Mary-Elaine Horn
- Susan Wurth, posthumous board member
- Executive Director — Donna Reeder
- Administrative Operations Manager — Suzie Webb
- Compliance Manager — Sarah Vandermeulen
- Receptionist — Andrea Mayo
- Finance Coordinator — Anne Pafford
- Administrative Support Coordinator — Latoyia Wilson
Prevention and Outreach
- Early Intervention Services and Prevention Manager — AJ Garnett
- Early Intervention Services and Prevention Coordinator — Victoria Jackson
- Communications and Outreach Manager — Ashley Starks
Primary Care Division
- Infectious Disease Physician & Medical Director — Anita Fleenor-Ford, M.D.
- Infectious Disease Physician — Carl LeBuhn, M.D.
- Medical Office Manager — Ashley Lynch
- Psychiatric Mental Health & Addictions Nurse — Tina Blevins
- Physician Assistant — Reagan Poe
- Registered Dietician — Josh Morehead
- Registered Nurse — Lynette Evans
- Certified Nurses Assistant — Gina Jones
- Medical Assistant — Lyndsey Campbell
- Clinic Support Coordinator — Carissa Halbamaier
- Billing / Coding Specialist — Roxanna Langston
Medical Case Management
- Ryan White Part B Manager — Andrea Leonard
- Ryan White Part B Case Manager — Lacy Turner
- Ryan White Part B Case Manager — Tammy McManus
- Ryan White Part B Case Manager — Nancy Wrye
- Ryan White Part B Case Manager — Linda Kennedy
- Ryan White Part B Support Services Coordinator — Angela Hale
- Linkage to Care Navigator — Nancy Hughes
- Housing Manager — Steve Clark
- Housing Case Manager — Carrie Wren
- Housing Case Manager — Kristen Vied
- Pharmacist — Doris Stone
- Certified Pharmacy Technician — Denise Miller
- Certified Pharmacy Technician — Laura Jones