Heartland CARES, Inc. is a non-profit organization providing comprehensive, client-centered, quality health care, support services, prevention education, and HIV testing. Quality health care is provided to persons living with HIV/AIDS, support services are provided to clients and their families, and prevention education and testing are provided to clients, their families, and the community at large. Within the community, we strive to prevent new infections and reduce the stigma associated with this disease by promoting awareness, acceptance, and equality.
Heartland CARES, Inc. began in 1996 as a client-managed consortium dedicated to developing a regional system of HIV services, and clients still play an integral role in the organization. Services at Heartland CARES, Inc. are provided to all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or ability to pay.
Heartland CARES, Inc. values quality, holistic care and community awareness; leadership with integrity; client, stakeholder, and community collaboration; efficient provisions of services; respect; diversity.
Heartland CARES, Inc. will be the recognized leader in delivering efficient and effective HIV/AIDS care through diverse and integrated programs for the communities in the Heartland of America.
Heartland CARES, Inc. embraces those affected by HIV/AIDS with open arms through care, prevention, and community awareness.
Board of Directors
- Peggy Pittman-Munke, Ph.D., Chair
- David Jones, Vice Chair
- Michael Murphy, Treasurer
- Frances Johnson, Secretary
- Tiffany Benberry
- Mitch Clark
- Susan Graves
- Mary-Elaine Horn
- Susan Wurth, posthumous board member
- Executive Director — Donna Reeder
- Administrative Operations Manager — Suzie Webb
- Receptionist — Dorothy Jones
- Finance Coordinator — Anne Pafford
- Administrative Support Coordinator — Jamie Pearson
- Prevention Coordinator — AJ Garnett
- Communications and Outreach Coordinator – Amanda Thomas
Primary Care Division
- Infectious Disease Physician & Medical Director — Anita Fleenor-Ford, M.D.
- Infectious Disease Physician — Carl LeBuhn, M.D.
- Clinic Manager — Ashley Horn
- Nurse Practitioner — Paul Bilak, A.P.R.N
- Mental Health Specialist/Therapist — Kristi Young, L.M.F.T.
- Psychiatric Mental Health & Addictions Nurse – Tina Blevins
- Registered Nurse – Lynette Evans
- Certified Nurses Assistant — Gina Jones
- Medical Assistant — Lyndsey Campbell
- Clinic Support Coordinator – Carissa Halbamaier
- Billing / Coding Specialist — Roxanna Langston
Medical Case Management
- Medical Case Management Team Leader — Andrea Leonard
- Medical Case Manager — Michele Arnold
- Medical Case Manager — Lacy Turner
- Medical Case Manager — Tammy McManus
- Medical Case Manager — Nancy Wrye
- Case Management Services Coordinator – Jeremy Blansett
- Housing Case Manager Team Leader — Steve Clark
- Housing Case Manager — Carrie Wren
- Pharmacist — Doris Stone
- Certified Pharmacy Technician — Denise Miller