Employment at Heartland CARES means that you are part of a dedicated team that consistently strives for excellence in delivering health care services and social service support to individuals and families impacted by HIV/AIDS.
Heartland CARES, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Heartland CARES will post job listings on this page as they become available.
POSITION: Case Management Support Services Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Case Management
REPORTS TO: Medical Case Management Team Leader
STATUS: Fulltime, non-exempt
REVISION: December 2018
The Case Management Support Services Coordinator performs activities related to the Ryan White Part B food pantry and transportation assistance for clients. The Case Management Support Services Coordinator will work closely with the other Medical Case Managers and the Medical Case Management Team Leader to provide food pantry and client transportation services in order to maintain continuity of care through reducing barriers to care for our clients.
• Assess the expected volume of needed assistance and coordinate food pantry inventory
• Order food pantry grocery and food pantry supplies
• Assist in picking up and stocking food pantry grocery orders
• Collect food pantry forms and keep forms available for clients
• Coordinate and assist with packing of food pantry boxes for distribution
• Greet clients and distribute food pantry boxes to clients
• Maintain signatures of distribution to clients of food pantry boxes
• Distribute proof of food pantry assistance to Medical Case Manager so the service can be entered in CAREWare
• Work collaboratively with the Medical Case Management Team Leader to update pantry list and procedures
• Transport food pantry boxes locally to clients who do not have a means of transportation
• Transport clients safely to and from medical, mental health, and case management appointments at Heartland CARES
• Transport clients safely to and from dental appointments at Miller Dental Clinic in Elizabethtown
• If necessary assist clients with walking and getting in and out of the vehicle or building
• Be patient waiting for the clients while at their appointments
• Notify HCI Staff of issues regarding the client’s housing, mental /physical state, inappropriate conduct while being transported or any issue detrimental to their well being
• Notify HCI Staff of any issues with the HCI vehicles
• Work collaboratively with external partners and funding agencies to advance the ability of Heartland CARES to address client needs
• Adhere to departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance and all policies and procedures
• All other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
• Must be organized and dependable
• Work both independently and collaboratively to meet client needs
• Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to patients and colleagues.
• Willing to travel in Western Kentucky
• Computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office and database systems.
• Have valid driver’s license in state of residence and be insurable to drive Heartland CARES’ vehicles
• Exhibit sensitivity to the needs of those who are ill and/or have a disability
• Effectively tolerate stressful situations and a fast-paced work environment
• Interact effectively and consistently with a diverse group of people of different cultures, ages, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, races and religions
• Lift up to 25 pounds
• Must maintain confidentiality of clients
• Be flexible and patient
To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, April 17, 2019.