Heartland CARES, Inc. is a non-profit organization providing comprehensive, client-centered, quality health care, support services, prevention education, and HIV testing. Quality health care is provided to persons living with HIV/AIDS, support services are provided to clients and their families, and prevention education and testing are provided to clients, their families, and the community at large. Within the community, we strive to prevent new infections and reduce the stigma associated with this disease by promoting awareness, acceptance, and equality.
Heartland CARES, Inc. began in 1996 as a client-managed consortium dedicated to developing a regional system of HIV services, and clients still play an integral role in the organization. Services at Heartland CARES, Inc. are provided to all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or ability to pay.
Heartland CARES, Inc. values quality, holistic care and community awareness; leadership with integrity; client, stakeholder, and community collaboration; efficient provisions of services; respect; diversity.
Heartland CARES, Inc. will be the recognized leader in delivering efficient and effective HIV/AIDS care through diverse and integrated programs for the communities in the Heartland of America.
Heartland CARES, Inc. embraces those affected by HIV/AIDS with open arms through care, prevention, and community awareness.
Board of Directors
- Jody Cofer Randall, M.S., Chair — LGBT Coordinator, Murray State University
- Nathan Yancey, B.S., Vice Chair — Retail Merchandiser
- Peggy Pittman-Munke, Ph.D., Secretary — Associate Professor of Social Work, Murray State University
- Michael Murphy, J.D., Treasurer — Retired McCracken County Attorney
- Tiffany Benberry, M.S.W. — Administrative Assistant and Women’s Ministry Coordinator, Mt. Horeb Church
- Susan Wurth, M.S.N., A.R.N.P., C.N.S.-B.C. — Nurse Practitioner
- Christy Petitt, M.S.N., R.N., C.N.E. — Associate Professor of Nursing, West Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Mitch Clark, B.S., – Medical Laboratory Technologist / Technician
- Susan Graves, B.S., – Vice President of Business Affairs, West Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Fran Johnson, B.S., – Vice President of Governmental Affairs, Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce
- David Jones, B,S., – Owner, Artisan Kitchen
- Executive Director — Sean Oslin, M.H.A.
- Deputy Director — Donna Reeder, B.S.
- Administrative Assistant — Connie Copeland
- Compliance/Front Office Manager — Ashley Horn, M.S.
- Receptionist — Dorothy Jones
Primary Care Division
- Director of Primary Care/Nurse Practitioner — Sandy Taber, A.P.R.N.
- Infectious Disease Physician & Medical Director — Anita Fleenor-Ford, M.D.
- Infectious Disease Physician — Carl LeBuhn, M.D.
- Mental Health Specialist/Therapist — Kristi Young, L.M.F.T.
- Linkage to Care Specialist — Margaret Ferguson, L.P.N
- Certified Nurses Assistant — Gina Jones, C.N.A
- Director of Nutrition Services — Ruth Kraper, R.D., L.D., L.D.E.
- Patient Coordinator — Milly Gomez
- Clinical Support Specialist — Lyndsey Campbell
Medical Case Management
- Medical Case Management Team Leader — Andrea Leonard
- Medical Case Manager — Kiesha Curry, B.S.
- Medical Case Manager — Tammy McManus, C.N.A
- Housing Case Manager Team Leader — Steve Clark
- Housing Case Manager — Carrie Wren
- Pharmacist — Doris Stone
- Pharmacy Tech — Denise Miller
Billing & Coding
- Billing/Coding Specialist — Roxana Langston