Heartland CARES, Inc. is a non-profit organization providing comprehensive, client-centered, quality health care, support services, prevention education, and HIV testing. Quality health care is provided to persons living with HIV/AIDS, support services are provided to clients and their families, and prevention education and testing are provided to clients, their families, and the community at large. Within the community, we strive to prevent new infections and reduce the stigma associated with this disease by promoting awareness, acceptance, and equality.
Heartland CARES, Inc. began in 1996 as a client-managed consortium dedicated to developing a regional system of HIV services, and clients still play an integral role in the organization. Services at Heartland CARES, Inc. are provided to all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or ability to pay.
Heartland CARES, Inc. values quality, holistic care and community awareness; leadership with integrity; client, stakeholder, and community collaboration; efficient provisions of services; respect; diversity.
Heartland CARES, Inc. will be the recognized leader in delivering efficient and effective HIV/AIDS care through diverse and integrated programs for the communities in the Heartland of America.
Heartland CARES, Inc. embraces those affected by HIV/AIDS with open arms through care, prevention, and community awareness.
Board of Directors
- Peggy Pittman-Munke, Ph.D., Chair
- David Jones, Vice Chair
- Michael Murphy, Treasurer
- Frances Johnson, Secretary
- Tiffany Benberry
- Mitch Clark
- Susan Graves
- Mary-Elaine Horn
- Nathan Yancy
- Cindy Davis
- Marcus Turnley
- Susan Wurth, posthumous board member
- Executive Director — Donna Reeder
- Administrative Operations Manager — Suzie Webb
- Receptionist — Dorothy Jones
- Administrative Support Coordinator — Anne Pafford
- Prevention and Outreach Coordinator — Sheree Gilbert
Primary Care Division
- Infectious Disease Physician & Medical Director — Anita Fleenor-Ford, M.D.
- Infectious Disease Physician — Carl LeBuhn, M.D.
- Clinic Manager — Ashley Horn
- Nurse Practitioner — Paul Bilak, A.P.R.N
- Mental Health Specialist/Therapist — Kristi Young, L.M.F.T.
- Lynette Evans — Registered Nurse
- Donna James– Registered Nurse
- Certified Nurses Assistant — Gina Jones
- Mental Health Registered Nurse — Tina Blevins
- Clinic Support Specialist — Lyndsey Campbell
- Clinical Records Specialist/Data Clerk — Jamie Pearson
- Billing/Coding Specialist — Roxana Langston
Medical Case Management
- Medical Case Management Team Leader — Andrea Leonard
- Medical Case Manager — Tina Blevins
- Medical Case Manager — Lacy Turner
- Medical Case Manager — Tammy McManus
- Medical Case Manager — Nancy Wrye
- Housing Case Manager Team Leader — Steve Clark
- Housing Case Manager — Carrie Wren
- Pharmacist — Doris Stone
- Certified Pharmacy Technician — Denise Miller
- Certified Pharmacy Technician — Carissa Halabmaier